Coupons.com

Monday, October 20, 2008

Make Your Own Clorox Bleach Pen

I love the Clorox Bleach Pen. It works great to get out small stains on the white part of shirts without having to worry about bleaching the rest of the item. But I don't love the price of it. Therefore, I came up with my own, much cheaper, version. It's not a pen per se, but it works the same.

I took an empty baby food jar, washed it and removed the label. Then I marked it with a skull and cross bones and the word "bleach" on it, so that it won't be mistaken for something else. I then put straight bleach in it. I keep a clean, fine point paint brush close by for small items and a wider paint brush for larger items. Then I dip the brush in the solution and tap off the excess so that none of it drips where I don't want it to go. Then I apply it to the garment. It works great!

Do you have any do-it-yourself cleaning ideas? Leave your comments.

No comments: