Coupons.com

Monday, October 20, 2008

Make It Yourself Monday


Today, I turn to nature for my Make It Yourself segment. These are the supplies you'll need:

White Glue
Poster Board
Items from Nature
Your Imagination!

Autumn is a great time of year to go on walks and to go exploring. My 3 girls love to gather leaves, sticks, acorns, rocks and whatever else catches their eye! When we get home, I like to get out poster board and white glue and let them be creative. (FYI-the bottled glue works much better than glue sticks!) Recently, we turned our nature finds into faces. We used acorns for the eyes, sticks and leaves for the hair and leaves for the mouths. This activity works best if you do it outside. That way there's less to clean up! My favorite part of this project is that it's cheap!

No comments: