Coupons.com

Thursday, March 18, 2010

iPhone App: FREE CauseWorld App!


I received an email about a new FREE iPhone/Android App called CauseWorld. I personally, do not own an iPhone. (Even though I wish I did!) Therefore, I have not personally tried out CauseWorld, but this app sounds interesting for all of you iPhone users. It's a way to give back just by doing what we do best...shopping!

Here’s how it works:

1. When users enter any retail store in the U.S. They open the app and push the button to “check in”.

2. By checking in – or in some cases even scanning a specific product’s bar code – they earn “karma points.”

3. After earning enough karmas, they can donate the points to one of 15 charities. (The money comes from advertisers like Citi and Kraft foods.)

In other words, just by strolling into a store, you can help rebuild Haiti or plant a tree in the rainforest.

If you decide to try it out. Send me a message and tell me what you think of it!

I did not receive any kind of compensation for this post. These are my own personal opinions.

No comments: